If you are within arm’s reach of any fitness trainer or nutrition professional, I am sure that you have heard them tell you to “drink more water”. It’s true that most people are seriously dehydrated, so it’s good advice … but does drinking all of the H2O directly do anything to help you lose fat or gain muscle?
In a 2003 study researchers increased the hydration levels in their test subjects and measured the effect on their metabolism. The subjects burned more fat and less proteins. This is great news for all of us “in the struggle” to burn fat and gain muscle.
The researcher’s concluded that “fat cells that are saturated with water release fats more easily; muscle cells that are full of water save proteins”.
Lose 10 pounds in 10 Days
Here’s a schedule for drinking water that has helped some people lose up to 10 pounds in 10 days. This means WATER. Plain ol’ water. Not soda, not diet tea … just water. 🙂
- As soon as you get up each morning: 10-20 ounces (1.25-2.5 cups)
- 1 hour later (before breakfast:) 8-16 ounces (1-2 cups)
- Afer every cup of coffee or tea: 3 to 8 ounces (.3 to 1 cup)
- 20 minutes before main meals: 8-16 ounces (1-2 cups)
- 2 hours before going to bed: 10-20 ounces (1.25-2.5 cups)
Set alarms on your phone if it helps you remember. It’s very important to get all of the water in each day. Your body will thank you.