This one is a deluxe version of the classic Proatmeal that we all know and love … a bowl of oatmeal, with a scoop or two of protein mixed in after cooking. Still one of my morning stand-bys when I am short on time.
Power Oatmeal adds a few more things … and of course, loads more flavor. So good.
Here’s what you need… (makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats
- 1 cup water
- dash of salt
- 1 scoop high quality protein
- 1 tablespoon chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- Mix the oats, water and salt together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in protein, top with nuts and raisins.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 325 calories, 7g fat, 41.7g carbohydrate, 10.2g fiber, and 25.7g protein.