Here’s a healthy burrito recipe, for when you get that craving. Whole grains, lean protein and crunchy veggies make this a quick and tasty recipe that you will use over and over again. Serve with a side of your favorite salsa, and a hit of plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (if that’s your thing):
Here’s what you need…
- 1 sprouted grain, flourless tortilla … or use corn tortillas.
- 1 Tablespoon guacamole or hummus
- ⅓ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup cooked black beans
- ½ cup cooked chicken, chopped (shredded if you can)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh corn kernels (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup shredded arugula (more nutrients than lettuce)
- 3 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Warm the tortilla in a dry skillet. Spread the hummus or guacamole evenly over the tortilla.
- Top the tortilla with rice, beans, chicken and veggies.
- Fold the two sides of the tortilla in over the filling, then flip up the bottom edge and roll tightly.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 380 calories, 8g fat, 45g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 31g protein.